(8:30 to 4:30 with one-hour lunch and two 10-15-minute breaks—one in a.m. and one in p.m.)
Communication Skills, Personal Development
Skills, Presentation, Instruction & Facilitation Skills, Relationship & Behavior Development Skills
Communication skills are the foundation of effectiveness at work. With an emphasis on professional and clear communication, this one-day class will help you improve your oral communication skills, increase your ability to understand and be understood and help you have more influence.
Improve your listening skills, assertive skills and nonverbal communications in this class.
• Describe the communication process and why it breaks down
• Listen effectively to co-workers and customers
• Differentiate between assertive, aggressive and passive communication styles
• Assess the effects of different communication styles on the speaker and the listener
• Communicate more clearly by using appropriate nonverbal behavior
• Give and receive feedback effectively
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone who would like to or who needs to improve their communication skills at work